Reports to: Artistic Director
Status: Full-Time/Exempt with benefit package
Ballet Master works directly under the Artistic Director's supervision. The work relies on applying a broad knowledge of ballet and teaching techniques for various Company rehearsals and Academy student rehearsals and classes. Standard to the industry.
Specific Job Skills:
- Principle coaching experience
- Teaching technique class
- Staging Ballets
- Assist in scheduling and casting as requested
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Light physical activity performing strenuous or non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhot strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
To Apply: please submit and attach to an email a cover letter, resume and 3 references.
Human Resources Manager
* Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will be unable to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
NO PHONE CALL INQUIRIES, PLEASE
Houston Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.