Reports to: Academy Director
Status: *Full-Time/Exempt with benefit package
*Availability to work nights and weekends for performances and/or auditions as necessary
Direct Reports: Registrar, Administrative Assistant (shared with Director), Artistic Coordinator, Academy dorm chaperones, and 3 part-time administrative employees.
Houston Ballet strives to find the most artistic and motivated people to join our company. If you are excited about a fast paced, challenging, growing organization, this may be the position for you! The Academy Administrator manages all administrative matters for Houston Ballet Academy working closely with the Academy Director on budgeting, supervising staff, policy-making, marketing, data base and program/project management. This position works within a ballet school environment that serves the community as well as provides professional training for students from around the world.
- Manage office and supervise, train, and evaluate the administrative staff and dormitory chaperones
Implement general administrative and financial operations
- Participate in preparation and maintenance of Academy Budget
- Coordinate and track scholarships, financial aid, and stipends
- Prepare and track payroll and prepare purchase orders
Year Round and Summer Program:
- Manage student visas through SEVIS
- Oversee summer program yearly planning
- Oversee marketing for academy classes, performances, and summer marketing efforts
- Coordinate summer showcase ticketing processes with marketing department
- Oversee academy website information
- Develop written official communications, handbooks, safety policies (in conjunction with HR Department)
- Develop SOP (standard operating procedures) as necessary
- Oversee academic requirements for students
Minimum REQUIRED Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree (Business or Arts Administration preferred)
- 3 or more years of experience in managing and supervising a full time staff of 4 or more
- Familiar with database functionality and experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Ability to work independently with varied personalities, as well as in a team setting
- Strong accounting skills with experience in creating and implementing budget
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Reliable transportation with valid driver’s license
Preferred ADDITIONAL Qualifications:
- Office management in an educational and/or school setting
- Classical ballet dance experience helpful
- Experience working with the database software Tessitura
- Understanding business analysis
To Apply: please submit and attach to an email a cover letter, resume and 3 references.
Human Resources Manager
* Only applicants that meet the required qualifications and that submit ALL of the requested documents will be considered for this position.
* Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will be unable to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
NO PHONE CALL INQUIRIES, PLEASE
Houston Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.