Reports to: Director of Finance
Classification: Full Time/Exempt Position with Benefits
Please note: This position requires occasional work during evenings and weekends
Summary: This position will work closely with the Director of Finance. In addition, the Controller will work with others responsible for Accounts Payable, Payroll, Facilities and Human Resources to provide necessary resources to all departments.
- o Cash flow tracking of primary cash accounts, including daily reconciliation of credit card transactions and daily postings from various departments.
- o Monthly reconciliation of cash bank account statements for the Foundation and the Guild.
- o Monthly reconciliation of all investment account statements.
- o Monthly reconciliation of receivables, including donations.
- o Monthly reconciliation of Shoe Inventory.
- o Periodic reconciliation of Ticketing Revenue and calculation and payment of related facility fees.
- o Monthly reconciliation of scenic and costume rentals.
- Financial and Tax Reporting, in conjunction with the Director of Finance
- Prepare and distribute
- Monthly statement of operating activities for the Foundation and the Guild
- Monthly statement of investments
- Relevant analysis of budget vs. actual expenses and income, as necessary.
- Prepare and file all tax reports and workers compensation reports as necessary.
- Prepare various reports, including the annual Dance/USA financial survey.
- Prepare reports required by external auditors for the annual audit
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget.
- Other Duties
- Prepare and enter general ledger journal entries.
- Review and post batches from various departments to the general ledger.
- Update and maintain the chart of accounts.
- Assist with payroll duties, as necessary.
- Assist with accounts payable duties, as necessary.
- Assist with human resources duties, as necessary.
- Assist with facilities duties, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (Accounting or Finance is preferred)
- CPA, CMA, some similar certification, or working on obtaining certification
- 1 to 2 years of experience in small business or non-profit accounting
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with particular emphasis in Excel*.
Proficiency in using a 10-key number pad*.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team effectively, with varied personalities, and many work styles.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To Apply, please attach in an e-mail your Cover letter, Resume, three (3) References and Salary history to:
Human Resources Manager
*Applicants chosen to interview may be required to complete skills test in MS Excel and/or10 -key calculations
NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, we will be unable to acknowledge receipt of your resume
Houston Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.